If you don't want to spend too much time on baking, this recipe idea is perfect! My daughter 4years10months liked it and ate most of them. Kids like it 🎃👍
Melonpan メロンパン (melon pan, melon bun or melon bread) is a Japanese sweet bun, also popular in Taiwan, China and Latin America. It is a roll (small bread) covered with a thin layer of crisp cookie dough.
Kawaii Melonpan (Japanese Sweet Buns)
Heart-Shaped Mini Melonpan (Easy Cup Measurement Recipe) 💖
Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas 🍁
How to Make Pumpkin Melonpan
Difficulty: Very Easy
Number of servings: about 18 mini (6cm/2.5inch) Melonpan
18 6cm/2.5inch rolls (small bread)
4 tbsp. (50g) butter (softened)
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
Wilton Icing Gel Color red and yellow
1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
1/3 tsp. baking powder
granulated sugar for coating
18 pistachios, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds
1. If you can't find a round roll (bread), cut out a small roll (bread) using a round cookie cutter.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy, add egg little by little and mix well. Add Wilton Icing Gel Color red and yellow to make orange cookie dough. Then add a few drops of vanilla extract.
3. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well.
4. Spoon the cookie dough onto the bread, wrap with plastic wrap to coat the bread with the cookie topping.
5. Roll in the granulated sugar and place it on a parchment paper. With a scraper or a knife, score the cookie dough in random vertical lines. Insert pistachios on top of each buns.
6. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Meanwhile place the buns in the fridge to set. (Up to 30 minutes is ok)
7. Bake at 350F (180C) for 10 minutes. (Depending on the heat of the oven, cooking time may differ, so please watch out.)
YouTube Audio Library
Follow me on social media. If you have recreated any of my food, you can share some pictures #ochikeron. I am always happy to see them.
♥My COOKBOOK available on Amazon Kindle♥
NO MORE hard copies... those who got one are lucky!
♥More Written Recipes are on my BLOG♥
♥and of course PLEASE SUBSCRIBE♥